- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 fritters 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Australian
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 zucchini (grated)
- 1 yellow capsicum (chopped finely)
- ½ red onion (chopped finely)
- ¼ bunch parsley (chopped)
- ¼ bunch coriander (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 125 g firm tofu
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- avocado oil
- Mix chia seeds and water in a cup until combined. Set aside.
- Place the zucchini in a clean tea towel and squeeze until the excess liquid is removed.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the capsicum, onion, parsley, coriander, garlic and cumin.
- Chop the tofu into small squares and add to the zucchini mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chia mixture and flour.
- Heat the avocado oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of the zucchini mixture into your hand and mould it into a flattened ball.
- Place on a plate and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Add fritters to the frypan in batches and cook on each side for three to four minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Flip and cook the other side.