- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 wraps 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 200 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2–3 tbsp sundried tomatoes + 1oil from the jar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup savoury yeast flakes
- 2 tsp chilli
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 baby cos lettuces (or 8 wraps)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (if using taco shells or bread wraps)
Cashew creme cheese (optional)
- 1 ½ cups cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Set aside.
- Place the walnuts into a food processor and pulse until chopped roughly.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and pulse until they are chopped. Don’t over pulse as the mixture will become mushy.
- Add the sea salt, savoury yeast flakes, chilli, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Add the mushrooms and pulse again until combined.
- Place a layer of the walnut mixture on each lettuce leaf, or wrap.
- Layer tomatoes and cabbage on the walnut mixture. Serve with lettuce if you’re using hard or soft taco shells.
- Top with cashew creme cheese or your favourite taco sauce.
Cashew Creme Cheese
- Combine the cashews, garlic, water, lemon juice, salt and apple cider vinegar in a strong blender and blend for about 5 minutes until smooth.