- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Australian
For the Patties
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 can lentils
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp savoury yeast flakes
For the Mushroom Buns
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 40 white or brown button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Braggs seasoning
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful rocket
- 2 small tomatoes (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add grated carrots, grated zucchini, chickpeas, lentils, cumin, flax meal and savoury yeast flakes to a food processor.
- Process until combined. It should be fairly smooth
- Roll into small balls. Place on a baking sheet, flatten.
- Spray with oil.
- Bake for 15 mins, flip and bake a further 15 mins
- When the patties are cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place the cap side down in the saucepan.
- Cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the Bragg’s seasoning and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the patties are cooked, place half the mushrooms cap side down on a serving plate.
- Mash avocado and divide it between the mushroom cups, top with rocket, tomato and a patty.
- Place mushroom cup on top, to serve.