Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 90mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Australian
- 2 medium or large sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 bag fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp savoury yeast flakes
- 150 g vegan cheese
- 1 can red kidney beans
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 180 degrees Celsius for 45-60 minutes, or until they’re soft when pierced with a fork.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooling, sáute the shallots with the butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the fresh spinach and heat for 2-3 minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Set aside.
- Scrape the sweet potato out of the peel, leaving a thin layer on the skin so that it can stand up on its own.
- Brush the outside of the potato skins with oil and bake for about 5 minutes until crispy.
- Mash the sweet potato with the coconut cream, savoury yeast flakes and vegan cheese.
- Stir in the red kidney beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skins from the oven and fill each skin with the sweet potato mixture.
- Top with pine nuts.
- Bake again for 10-15 minutes, or until filling is heated through.