- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Australian
- 1 cup quinoa flour (regular flour would work, but the pancakes wouldn’t be gluten free)
- 1 tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 tbsp savoury yeast flakes
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ head cauliflower
- ½ zucchini
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- sprouts (to serve)
- Mix flour, flax meal, savoury yeast flakes, seasoning, salt and chives in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine water, apple cider vinegar, cauliflower and zucchini.
- Pour the water mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently to combine. Don’t stir too much especially if you are using a gluten flour. The pancakes will become tough.
- Heat a frypan with 1 tbsp oil. Using a ladle pour scoops of the mixture into the frypan.
- After 4-5 minutes or when the top starts to bubble, flip over with a spatula and cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Whilst you’re waiting for the pancakes to cook, heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach or lettuce leaves. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Serve each pancake with a pile of mushrooms and greens, with some sprouts on the side.