Ever feel like something creamy and smooth but with the intense, acidic and fruity sweetness of sun-dried tomatoes? Yes? Then this savoury cashew cream is just for you. If you’ve never had that flavour craving then you had better make this, just so you can experience it for the first time.
Last week I published a recipe for sweet cashew cream and this week I’ve got the savoury version. I love this because with the change of just a couple of ingredients this cashew cream can be used on any snack, sweet or savoury. I often make a batch of both as they last about a week covered in the fridge and then I have a sweet and a savoury condiment for any craving.
This cashew cream I made with sun-dried tomatoes but other times I have replaced the tomatoes with avocado.
The cashew cream is really easy to create, the only proviso is you need to have a good blender or else the cashews won’t bend properly and it will be lumpy. But if you have a good blender then this could easily become your most made recipe.Print
Savoury Cashew Cream
- Prep Time: 10 mins + soaking time
- Total Time: 10 mins + soaking time
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Australian
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon (juiced (about ¼ cup))
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (with ¼ cup oil – see note)
- 1 cup water
- Soak cashews in water for 2 hours.
- Place drained cashews into a high-speed blender.
- Add garlic cloves, lemon juice, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes and about ½ cup water.
- Blend on high for about 5 minutes until smooth.
- Add the remaining water if needed to make a smooth consistency.
I use sun-dried tomatoes that are soaked in oil. Fill a half cup measure with sun-dried tomatoes and then fill to about a quarter cup with the oil it’s stored in.
The amount of water needed will depend on how long the cashews are soaked for and how much oil is used with the tomatoes.