Egg Free Brownies
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Australian
- 1 cup pouring coconut milk
- 5 tbsp flaxmeal
- ½ cup 70% dark chocolate (50g)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rapadura sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp pinch of salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat coconut milk to just about a boil.
- remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Add the flax meal and dark chocolate and stir to melt to a smooth consistency.
- Add the maple, sugar, oil and vanilla essence and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool.
- In another bowl, add coconut flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to a lined 20cm square pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.