Day 4 of Salad a Day
Okay, so I get that this recipe does not actually contain couscous. But once you’ve processed the cauliflower, it looks like couscous and it doesn’t taste like cauliflower. I’ve served lots of people this salad, and they haven’t been able to work out what the ‘couscous’ is. It really doesn’t taste like cauliflower.
I use a food processor to shred the cauliflower but you can also use a hand-held grater.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Australian
- 1 large cauliflower (finely food processed)
- 1 large red capsicum (diced)
- 2 sticks celery (finely sliced)
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- ½ red onion (sliced into wedges)
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Process cauliflower until it resembles rice.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well to combine.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour dressing ingredients over the salad and stir to combine.
This is part of #saladaday – A fresh, new salad everyday for 30 days. After being inundated with requests to have all the salad recipes together, I’ve collated them all into an ebook, which is on sale here.