Day 9 of Salad a Day
Beet and Quinoa
Here’s another one from ‘my mum’ files. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I ate fresh beetroot. I had always eaten tinned beetroot, either in a salad or on a burger. Then as an adult I saw these red bulbous vegetables and had no idea how to cook with them. The good news is it’s not that hard! This is a simple beet recipe that just requires them to be roasted, before cutting them into wedges.
The parsley is blended in a food processor with oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and cloves. Then mix it together and lay the sliced beets on top. Lots of flavour and lots of colour.Print
Beet and Quinoa
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Australian
- 3 small beets
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pistachios (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Wash beets and pat dry with paper towel.
- Wrap beets in foil, place on oven tray and cook in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove, unwrap foil and allow to cool.
- Peel skins off and cut into small wedges. Set aside
- Place parsley, garlic, salt, apple cider vinegar and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and stir through the parsley mixture.
- Place quinoa mixture on a plate and layer the beet wedges on top. Sprinkle the pistachios on top of the beets.
This is part of #saladaday – A fresh, new salad everyday for 30 days. After being inundated with requests to have all the salad recipes together, I’ve collated them all into an ebook, which is on sale here.