Apple juice kefir is similar to regular kefir but made with an apple juice starter culture and apple juice.
Normally kefir is made with coconut water and it’s as simple as adding coconut water to the Kultured Wellness Kefir Culture.
You can see the original kefir post here.
Kultured Wellness also have an apple juice variety. It’s vegan, gluten free and dairy free, with similar benefits to coconut kefir.
Kefir from Kultured Wellness has many benefits:
- Have an extremely high potency CFU count. (Yoghurt 41 billion CFU per cup and Kefir 27 billion CFU per cup)
- Are suitable for those on GAPS, Body Ecology, low FODMAP, gluten free, casein free, soy free, grain free, sugar free, paleo, or anti inflammatory diets
- Can be very beneficial for people who are sensitive to traditional fermented foods and who suffer from conditions such as histamine intolerance, SIBO, high inflammation, autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, autism, ADHD, PDD-‐NOS and PANDAS
- Are D‐Lactate free to benefit people with issues such as MTHFR, liver & detox problems
- Contain high numbers of Bifidobacterium, which are important for leaky gut, immune regulation and digesting plant matter
- Can assist in rebuilding after antibiotic use and diarrhoea, combatting candida and crowding out viruses, weight management and obesity, and regulating histamine and inflammation
- Are fantastic for allergies, eczema and psoriasis, establishing the gut wall and protecting against leaky gut.
They are all
- 100% natural
- gluten and dairy free
- vegan friendly
- no additives, preservatives, fillers or starches, just good bugs
- Australian made and family owned
It is super easy to create apple juice kefir.
The principle is the same – just add the kefir culture to 2L of apple juice.
If you use the code “sweetsandgreens” at the Kultured Wellness checkout you’ll get a 20% discount on cultures and 10% discount on any books you purchase Click here to order your cultures.Print
Apple Juice Kefir
A healthy probiotic drink.
- Yield: 2 litres 1x
- Category: drinks
2L of Apple Juice
- Place both ingredients in a glass jar, leaving some space between the liquid and the top of the jar in case the liquid fizzes and expands during the ferment.
- Stir liquid with a wooden spoon and leave on the bench to ferment for 24-48 hours, tasting after 24 hours. In warmer weather it will ferment in 24 hours, and for cooler climates, 48 hours is needed for all the sugar to be eaten up by the beneficial bacteria.
- Once the Apple Juice Kefir is ready, use 1 cup to start your next batch and transfer the rest to the fridge. You can make 10 L of apple juice from your initial starter (saving 1 cup per 2 L batch), before replenishing your starter supply from Kultured Wellness.
Keywords: kefir, apple juice,