Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Prep Time: 120 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Australian
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk (or rice milk for nut free)
- 2 apples (cored, peeled and chopped)
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Brush a loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Put the water in a bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. The yeast should foam up a little bit.
- Mix flour and salt together in a large.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the orange juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, apples, sultanas, cinnamon and nutmeg together until all the apples are coated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- A dough hook in an electric mixer for 3 minutes will also work.
- Place the dough into the greased pan and cover with greased plastic wrap.
- Place in the cold oven with a large glass bowl of boiling water.
- Let rise for 90 minutes. Replace the water after 45 minutes if it has gone cold, or the bread does not seem to be rising.
- Turn the oven on and heat to 180 degrees, then bake 30 – 35 minutes.